Monday, August 22, 2016

New Fabric and Quilt Project

While we were out and about a couple of weekends ago, I decided to stop by Hobby Lobby. And am I ever glad I did! They had lots of new Christmas fabrics out. Below are the ones I purchased along with some muslin backing.



The tree and plaid homespun fabric on the right are pretty by themselves. I didn't want to cut them so I just added some of the green homespun around the edges to create a border. The tree side is the quilt top and the plaid will be the backing. I have shown a full length and closeup image of both sides below. I spent about six hours cutting, sewing and pressing the border to both sides and getting them spray basted to the batting.






Below, I am showing the quilt patterns I am going to use on this pretty Christmas quilt. The quilt is on the hoop stand with some of the quilt pieces pinned to it. I hope to start quilting by the end of the day.


Have a nice day!
www.ECraftClasses.com
www.ECraftClasses.blogspot.com
www.SewPractical.com

No comments:

Post a Comment