Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Marbled Rose Stained Glass Quilt Top

I finished it! The marbled rose stained glass quilt top is complete! My finished quilt top is the top picture. I have also included the picture of the fabric and the picture from the pattern that I originally posted in March below that.

You may remember me telling you that I messed up on the butterfly blocks. Well that left me a little short in the middle along the sides so I had to design a block to quickly fill the gap. Those two 11" x 7 3/4" blocks actually took me about 4 hours to think up, sew together and work out the kinks so it wasn't as quick as I thought it would be when I reached that point. Anyway, that's the little checkerboard sections with the butterfly rows on the right and left sides of the quilt top.

I have a quilt kit out now that I bought about six years ago or so. I'm going to begin work on that later this morning.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment