Friday, August 26, 2011

A Slow Day this Week

I'm finally getting a slow day this week. It has been a busy week with our hamster dying and yard work to do. I couldn't bare to leave the hamster in her last hours so that day was spent with her. The next day we buried her and now I'm trying to create a memorial area in the back yard for her. Out of all the animals I've ever had, she is the one I was the closest to. She provided so many hours of laughter and joy in our lives.

The yard work is always great stress relief so we did that Wednesday. Yesterday was spent doing laundry and straightening up the house. So today I'm ready to get back to work on the quilts. Hopefully I can complete at least one quilt this weekend.

I did manage to remember to bid on a blue double wedding ring quilt top that I started watching last week. I won it! I've always wanted to make one so I thought I'd start with this one. It was mostly completed by the lady's grandmother before she passed away. There are still some unfinished areas that will give me some practice. I've provided pictures below of everything I got with this quilt top....the book and everything (except the batting) to complete the top for $100. I think I got an exceptional deal. I'm sure I would have spent more than that on the fabric for the top alone - Probably another $100 on the backing, binding and book. It appears that the grandmother used the exact fabrics called for that are showing on the back cover of the book so that will fairly indicate the time that she started the quilt. I'm very excited to finish this quilt. Of course, finished pictures will be shown here. Ü   Have a great weekend!




http://www.ecraftclasses.com/
http://www.ecraftclasses.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment