Sunday, May 8, 2011

I'm Learning so Much About Quilting!

Since I started making my Dad's quilt, I have at least two more that I want to make immediately after I'm finished. I actually may begin piecing them a little bit at a time. One is the Triple Irish Chain quilt  for my husband. And yesterday our son and his girlfriend  announced that they were engaged so I want to give them a Double Wedding Ring quilt for a wedding gift. No date has been set but I don't want to wait to find out before I get started. As we all know by now, I'm a very slow quilter. Anyway I wanted to be sure I do all of these correctly so I started looking for information on You Tube. I was on the right track for the most part but I have discovered some neat shortcuts. I found a wonderful group of ladies from the Missouri Quilt Company who offer the most fabulous video tutorials on YouTube. Here's one of my favorite videos: http://www.ecraftclasses.com/class/10519/How%20to%20bind%20a%20quilt. I'm adding as many of their videos to the Quilting Classes as possible (and as I have time) to http://www.ecraftclasses.com/ so please check the site often for those. I'm also finding out a lot of my own tips as I work on Dad's quilt so I'll add a few of those from time to time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment