Monday, October 16, 2017

Paint by Number Tips

Since I have brought back out one of my paint by number projects, I thought I would share a few tips that help me move along better with a large project.

"Morning Run" by Plaid, shown below, is 16" x 20". So, there's a lot of area to paint. This is a lovely painting to work on during these beautiful southern fall days we've been having lately. I have probably worked on this painting for about four months total, and I usually only work on it a few hours each weekend.

I found that it's easier to:

*Paint sections instead trying to find one color to paint all over the board. Concentrating on one section gives you a sense of accomplishment. In this case, I have finished the barn and surrounding greenery, the tractor, both deer and the tree limbs above the deer.

*Paint dark colors before painting a small, intermingled section white, such as the white sky showing between the leaves on the limbs above the deer. The white matches the board color and you might accidentally paint over the white with one of the dark colors you're working with. By not painting the white section first, you will see the number - usually 1 - which reminds you that spot should be painted white. And it will be easy to locate after the dark sections are painted. ; )

* Regardless of what you're painting, paint over the number of any spot last. That will help you stay on track better. If the number is covered first, you will lose your place more easily. I also like to put my finger near the spot I'm working on when I have to look away to rinse or dip my brush so I won't lose my place. Working in one section, as I mentioned in my first tip, also helps you find your place more easily when you have to look away for a few seconds.

I hope these tips help you with your next paint by number project.



Have a nice day!
www.ECraftClasses.com
www.ECraftClasses.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment