Saturday, August 18, 2012

Beaded Angels, Tissue Covers

Many of you may ask why I have a Week in Crafts section on this blog. Well, it's to make you aware that I am an avid crafter - and have been for about 12 years. Hopefully seeing my weekly (or near weekly) craft accomplishments will help you see me as a qualified craft teacher. Ü

I made the beaded angels from a kit last night. I have some other pink beading kits. I'm thinking I'll have a pink ornament tree this Christmas. I have a small tree that should work great for this project.

I also finished four small plastic bag holders with matching pocket size tissue holders from the fabric that I made some items from for my little neighbors a couple of weeks ago. I had plenty of fabric left over so I made them a couple more items each. The bag holders can actually be used to hold other items. You can learn how to make the orginal size bags at this link: http://www.ecraftclasses.com/class/10819/Free%20Simple%20Grocery%20Bag%20Holder%20Class.

Finally I made the mother of the little girls some pocket size tissue covers. She just started a Turner Syndrome chapter in our state so I thought she could use these to give away at parades or while she's explaining the disorder to others....or she can sell them to earn money for the cause. The plan was to make her 50 but I almost had 20 completed when I received a new custom order. So I will give her these 20 and try to get a few more to her later if she wants them. I will have a free video class of the tissue covers available sometime this week so stay tuned for that.

I had made a previous pattern for the older style of tissue covers several years ago and got a request a couple of years ago for a new pattern that will fit the new style of tissue packets. I'm sorry that I am just getting around to doing that. Oh! I'll also begin making videos for our craft tips page soon.









Have a nice day!
www.ECraftClasses.com
www.ECraftClasses.blogspot.com
www.RagQuiltClassroom.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment